TRUSTe Names Online Trust Advisory Council
Leading trustmark taps consultative group to improve online privacy and trust
San Francisco, Calif. – March 10, 2009 - TRUSTe, the leading trustmark and recognized authority on privacy best practices on the Internet, today announced its Online Trust Advisory Council to help the company further advance privacy and trust online.
“TRUSTe will be consulting with the Online Trust Advisory Council, which will provide insight and guidance on a wide range of issues and opportunities, including TRUSTe’s leading TRUSTed Websites, new product development, technology deployment, policy initiatives and consumer needs for improved online trust.
The Council consists of respected privacy and trust advocates as well as privacy leaders of companies that display the TRUSTe seal. Members of the TRUSTe advisory council include:
- Sharon Anolik, Director of Corporate Compliance & Ethics and Chief Privacy Official, Blue Shield of California
- Fred Cate, Distinguished Professor of Law and Director at Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research, Indiana University
- Dean Forbes, Senior Director, Global Privacy, Schering-Plough
- Chris Hoofnagle, Director, Information Privacy Programs, Berkeley Center for Law & Technology
- Chris Kelly, Chief Privacy Officer & Head of Global Public Policy, Facebook
- Barbara Lawler, Chief Privacy Officer, CIPP, CHP Legal & Compliance, Intuit
- Diane McDade, Director, Policy and Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft
- George Pappachen, Chief Privacy Officer, Kantar Group/WPP
- Scott Shipman, Senior Counsel, eBay
- Orson Swindle, Senior Policy Advisor and Chair, Security Initiatives, Centre for Information Policy Leadership
- Anne Toth, Vice President, Policy, Yahoo!
- Paul Zaengle, Senior Director of e-commerce, Columbia Sportswear
- Anna Zornosa, Executive Vice President and General Manager, The Cobalt Group, Dealix Division
“At TRUSTe, we’ve seen the importance of online privacy increase significantly over the past decade, and now is a pivotal time for us to harness the knowledge of industry experts, as consumers are more aware and conscious of their online privacy than ever before,” said Fran Maier, CEO of TRUSTe. “We’re fortunate to be able to tap into the collective expertise of these e-commerce and privacy leaders and expect that the council will advance best practices in online trust and privacy – all to the benefit of businesses and consumers.”
TRUSTe is the leading global Data Privacy Management (DPM) company and powers trust in the data economy by enabling businesses to safely collect and use customer data across their customer, employee, and vendor channels. Our SaaS-based DPM Platform gives users control over all phases of data privacy management from conducting assessments and implementing compliance controls to managing ongoing monitoring. Our DPM Services, including assessments and certifications, are delivered by an expert team of privacy professionals. Thousands of companies worldwide rely on TRUSTe to minimize compliance risk and protect their brand.