TRUSTe selected to present at prestigious privacy event
Today, TRUSTe, the global leader in online privacy solutions for businesses will present the latest research findings into what UK consumers think about online privacy and what businesses need to do about it, at the Privacy Laws & Business 25th Anniversary International Conference in Cambridge UK.
With 15 years of privacy expertise TRUSTe is a leader in privacy research and education and committed to market education as a route to improve privacy practices across the online ecosystem. TRUSTe has been invited to participate in this 3-day conference alongside 50 expert speakers from 14 countries, including for the first time speakers from Brazil and South Africa on the imminent new privacy laws in these countries.
The session will include insights into the following topics:
- What do consumers think about targeting and behavioural advertising?
- What are consumer expectations regarding business responsibility for protecting their privacy?
- What is the relationship between privacy perceptions, trust, and purchase or usage behaviour?
- What precautions do consumers take to manage their privacy online?
Danilo Labovic, EMEA Managing Director for TRUSTe, will present the research. Danilo has over 12 years international sales and management experience in the online industry having previously held senior roles at VeriSign and Symantec. Speaking in Cambridge ahead of the session, Danilo Labovic, said:
"At TRUSTe we are committed to educating the market about responsible online privacy practices. In 2011 we introduced our Privacy Index series, and since then have dedicated substantial expertise and resources to privacy research and education, ensuring that businesses have the information they need to improve transparency and build consumer trust.
The Privacy Laws and Business Conference in Cambridge provides a great opportunity for us to share knowledge and expertise as well as interact with key privacy leaders from major brands, law firms and privacy organisations."
Notes To Editors
- TRUSTe is the leading global Data Privacy Management (DPM) company and powers trust in the data economy by enabling businesses to safely collect and use customer data across web, mobile, cloud and advertising channels. Our cloud-based Data Privacy Management Platform delivers innovative technology products, including website monitoring and advertising compliance controls – along with privacy assessments and certifications. More than 5,000 companies worldwide rely on our DPM platform and globally recognized Certified Privacy Seal to protect/enhance their brand, drive user engagement and minimise compliance risk. For more information, please see http://www.truste.com.
- The Privacy Laws and Business 25th Anniversary International Conference – Overcoming Privacy Hurdles takes place from 2nd to 4th July 2012 in Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, UK. For more details of the Conference and the session presented by Danilo Labovic from TRUSTe see: http://www.privacylaws.com/annual_conference/Day-2-Tuesday-July-3rd-2012/
- Danilo Labovic is TRUSTe's EMEA Managing Director with over 12 years of international sales and management experience in the online industry. Prior to joining TRUSTe, Danilo started his career at Reuters (now Thompson Reuters) playing a key role in building Reuters' e-commerce platform and strategy as well as setting up and running the sales organisation supporting the sales of Reuters' web based financial services across the EMEA region. Further on, Danilo moved to VeriSign initially managing VeriSign's UKI & Southern European SSL encryption & trust-mark business, to then take on a senior management position with EMEA sales responsibilities. Subsequently he became VeriSign's European Sales Director with full accountability across all products within VeriSign's authentication security services. Over the last few years and prior to moving to TRUSTe, Danilo was Symantec's EMEA Enterprise Sales Director for their Trust Services business unit.
- For TRUSTe UK media enquiries and interview requests please contact Eleanor Treharne-Jones at +44 (0) 7811 093648 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org