TRUSTe selected to present at prestigious privacy event
Today, TRUSTe, the global leader in online privacy solutions for businesses will present the latest research findings into what UK consumers think about online privacy and what businesses need to do about it, at the Privacy Laws & Business 25th Anniversary International Conference in Cambridge UK.
With 15 years of privacy expertise TRUSTe is a leader in privacy research and education and committed to market education as a route to improve privacy practices across the online ecosystem. TRUSTe has been invited to participate in this 3-day conference alongside 50 expert speakers from 14 countries, including for the first time speakers from Brazil and South Africa on the imminent new privacy laws in these countries.
The session will include insights into the following topics:
- What do consumers think about targeting and behavioural advertising?
- What are consumer expectations regarding business responsibility for protecting their privacy?
- What is the relationship between privacy perceptions, trust, and purchase or usage behaviour?
- What precautions do consumers take to manage their privacy online?
Danilo Labovic, EMEA Managing Director for TRUSTe, will present the research. Danilo has over 12 years international sales and management experience in the online industry having previously held senior roles at VeriSign and Symantec. Speaking in Cambridge ahead of the session, Danilo Labovic, said:
"At TRUSTe we are committed to educating the market about responsible online privacy practices. In 2011 we introduced our Privacy Index series, and since then have dedicated substantial expertise and resources to privacy research and education, ensuring that businesses have the information they need to improve transparency and build consumer trust.
The Privacy Laws and Business Conference in Cambridge provides a great opportunity for us to share knowledge and expertise as well as interact with key privacy leaders from major brands, law firms and privacy organisations."
Notes To Editors
- TRUSTe is the leading global provider of data privacy management solutions, offering a broad suite of products to help companies safely collect and use customer data to power their business by building trust, driving engagement and ensuring compliance across all their online channels – websites, mobile apps, advertising and cloud services. More than 5,000 companies, including top international brands like Apple, Disney, eBay, Forbes, HP and Microsoft, rely on TRUSTe to build trust and address evolving and complex privacy challenges. In addition to privacy assessments and certifications which enable businesses to display the globally recognized TRUSTe Certified Privacy Seal, TRUSTe offers innovative technology products, including website monitoring, online behavioral advertising (OBA) compliance controls for desktop and mobile ads, and EU cookie compliance controls. For more information, please visit http://www.truste.com.
- The Privacy Laws and Business 25th Anniversary International Conference – Overcoming Privacy Hurdles takes place from 2nd to 4th July 2012 in Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, UK. For more details of the Conference and the session presented by Danilo Labovic from TRUSTe see: http://www.privacylaws.com/annual_conference/Day-2-Tuesday-July-3rd-2012/
- Danilo Labovic is TRUSTe's EMEA Managing Director with over 12 years of international sales and management experience in the online industry. Prior to joining TRUSTe, Danilo started his career at Reuters (now Thompson Reuters) playing a key role in building Reuters' e-commerce platform and strategy as well as setting up and running the sales organisation supporting the sales of Reuters' web based financial services across the EMEA region. Further on, Danilo moved to VeriSign initially managing VeriSign's UKI & Southern European SSL encryption & trust-mark business, to then take on a senior management position with EMEA sales responsibilities. Subsequently he became VeriSign's European Sales Director with full accountability across all products within VeriSign's authentication security services. Over the last few years and prior to moving to TRUSTe, Danilo was Symantec's EMEA Enterprise Sales Director for their Trust Services business unit.
- For TRUSTe UK media enquiries and interview requests please contact Eleanor Treharne-Jones at The Conversation Company on 07811 093648 or 020 7812 0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org