Resolving Privacy Disputes
If a TRUSTe-certified Web site that you’ve visited has:
- Shared your personal information
- Disallowed you to unsubscribe from its email lists
- Sent you SPAM
- Made it impossible to close your Web site account
- Made itself unavailable for you to contact about the matter
...we can help. File a Watchdog complaint today
. TRUSTe resolves every one of the thousands of complaints that we receive yearly through the Watchdog Dispute Resolution process
. Filing a complaint is completely free
If you think that a TRUSTe client has violated its privacy agreement with you, we make sure there’s something you can do about it. TRUSTe will investigate the complaint and mediate a solution through our Watchdog Dispute Resolution Program
.How to file a Watchdog complaint:
- Confirm that the Web site in question is a valid TRUSTe client either by locating the TRUSTe seal on the privacy statement or by finding it in our directory of Trusted Sites.
- Verify that the complaint is a legitimate privacy matter relating to the Web site.
- Contact the TRUSTe client Web site first.
- If the TRUSTe client does not resolve your complaint quickly and satisfactorily, complete the Watchdog Dispute Resolution Form.
The TRUSTe Watchdog Team does everything it can to ensure that our member Web sites protect the privacy of your personal information. But we also rely on your vigilance to keep members accountable.