Emerging technologies and evolving data privacy practices create challenges in managing a global privacy program across the enterprise. Companies marketing to EU consumers must adhere to amendments to the 2009 E-Privacy Directive (EU Cookie Directive), and 8 out of 10 UK Internet consumers expect companies to comply.
The EU Cookie Directive allows for the legitimate collection and storage of data on a consumer’s computer or other device only when informed consent is obtained. Some countries in the Americas, Asia, and other regions have similar data privacy legislation in place. With these increasing complexities, non-compliant companies are exposed to negative media and brand risks. TRUSTe helps companies stay ahead and protect the trustworthiness of their brands worldwide.
Global Brands Lead the Pack with TRUSTe
See how top global brands use TRUSTe’s EU Cookie Consent Manager to demonstrate their commitment to consumer data privacy and protection, in all 28 EU member states and around the world.
As part of our global Data Privacy Management Platform (DPMP), Cookie Consent Manager provides the leading EU Cookie Directive solution designed for legal, privacy, marketing, IT, information security, and compliance professionals within enterprise brands, publishers and website operators.
Key Benefits of the EU Cookie Consent Manager
- Competitive advantage over other brands by clearly demonstrating your leadership in the area of data privacy and protection with the TRUSTe trustmark
- Worldwide brand protection by reducing EU Cookie compliance risks through cloud-based technology as you maintain or expand your geographic presence
- Consumer-friendly customizable user interface for informed consent regarding the collection and use of personal information
- An easy-to-use self-service portal for simple reporting and maintenance of consent manager tools
- Ongoing monitoring with automated updates across global website properties
- A team of data privacy experts to help make the privacy compliance process seamless
How It Works
TRUSTe will work with you to formulate a plan to address the EU Cookie Directive through a simple process including:
- Assessment of your website followed by a review of the findings
- Customization of consent notice, interface, and messaging
- Bounce rate prevention through an in-page iFrame keeping consumers on your site
- Ongoing monitoring through a self-service portal providing comprehensive tracker lists and automated updates as new trackers are found
- Enhanced views for consumers to identify which advertisers are behaviorally targeting them
- Options to integrate directly with tag management platforms such as BrightTag and Google
* this demo may not render for sites that restrict iframe embedding.
What Sets Us Apart
Data Privacy Management Platform
Provides EU Cookie Compliance through informed consent by leveraging technology and privacy best practices based on dozens of major brands and publisher implementations across a wide range of industries.
Built to scale and engages with millions of consumers while serving billions of monthly impressions.
After an initial review, receive an assessment and recommendations on how to setup Consent Manager in order to make your website compliant with the Cookie Directive.
Simple Implementation and Managed Services
Consumer Friendly, Customizable Interface
Customizable in-page iFrame that prevents abandonment and provides consumers with enhanced views into which advertisers are behaviorally targeting them.
#1 globally recognized privacy brand with over 15 years experience representing more than 5,000 clients.
TRUSTe Data Privacy Management Platform
EU Cookie Consent Manager is available as a module within our Data Privacy Management (DPM) Platform or can be delivered to you through our DPM Services team.
The TRUSTe Platform is our comprehensive, SaaS-based technology solution which is available stand-alone and also used by TRUSTe to deliver our Assessments and Certifications.
The DPM Platform is a collaborative and cost-effective resource for managing brand protection, building trust, and maintaining compliance.
For more information, visit the TRUSTe Data Privacy Management Platform.